Forecast for the next two weeks: Republican Flurrys ahead

I'm starting to hear rumbing on the horizon with regards to the Republican State Central Committee Meeting that was postponed until October 1. A few people are making statements one way or another on the set of bylaw amendments that were proposed, but no major activity has taken place yet.

It is interesting, to say the least. Next week, I suppose I'll have to break down and prepare for the meeting, and do some further organizing. Fron that point on, it will literally be a flurry of activity getting ready. Maybe I should host a keg the night before the event? I'll at least bring donuts that morning.

Interestingly enough, I heard that I was being referred to as one of "the ringleaders" on the effort to prevent the bylaw changes. Me? Nahhhh.

Did I send a nice note to many of the GOP officials and county chairmen asking for their consideration of what I believed? Yes. And I heard back from many of them, with only one person who didn't agree with my position. And that's ok. They had the courtesy to consider it, which is all I asked.

Actually, I was pleasantly suprised at the response I got. Lots of e-mail discussion. Several nice phone calls from Republican friends whom I only see at convention.

There was only one complete non-response that suprised me, but I suppose I shouldn't be suprised. Aside from that, the biggest thing I see going on is Republicans who are concerned with and interested in the future of the party are talking about moving forwards instead of backwards.

When Todd Epp changed his party registration in frustration over the way he's been received by trying to work within his party's structure, it affected how I considered my own party activism. On our respective sides of the aisle, we both had worked with and supported candidates and the party. And we've both been ignored and passed over when help is offered. Todd got so frustrated that he changed his party.

I was to that point once - and I literally walked away for several years. And it was about as bad as it was back then. But I vowed not to do it again.

For myself, I've come to the conclusion that if you can't get the driver to change the direction of the stagecoach, then why not ask the horses who power it to consider doing so. Because without them, it's not going to go very far anyway.

If the people at the grassroots consider what I have to say as many of them did recently, then it's fantastic. If they reject my ideas, it's ok. They might not be that good to begin with, or I need to make a better case. And I'm happy to listen to them in return, as well as present their ideas.

So, I'm going to keep blogging. I'm going to keep talking to the grassroosts. I'm going to continue to be a resource. Because I believe that the Republican Party will only remain strong by listening to the people who make it work - the peope at the grassroots.

If that's being a ringleader or a troublemaker, well sorry. I'm not about to change anytime soon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
PP:
Keep up the good work for the health of our party!

Popular posts from this blog

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.