Sorry about that... (Just about there!)

My site statistics are telling me that people are spending sometimes over 100 minutes at a time on my blog. Unfortunately, they're probably waiting for things to load.

Sorry about that. I've noticed it, Corey Vilhauer pointed it out, and others have brought it up.

To help reduce load times, I've changed to archiving weekly instead of monthly, and I've reduced the active RSS feed listing to about 30 from 50. It should help a little. The RSS feed feature is popular, but at the same time, it can be a drag on the system.

I did finish the template tonight. And I think it's really slick. the only thing I've got left to do to make it live is to find some permanent image/file hosting. It's "temporarily parked" at the moment.

I've reduced some of the text size, so I can squeeze it across 3 columns, and fit more links. I have scrolling pictures of South Dakota political notables that I can change at will. (I even have a photo of Todd Epp up in the test site.)

The RSS feed resides permanantly on the right, but now I actually have room for additional feed digests if I wanted to break it out by ideology (Dem/GOP, Right/Left, Meat/Taters, etc.).

And best of all? There's not much else that it resembles out there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Epp's picture? Just goes to show that ANYONE can make it onto SD War College.

Popular posts from this blog

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.