The Phantom Molester goes to Washin.... Well, he wants to go to Pierre, at least.


Yeah, he's running. As noted on the Secretary of State's website Merlyn "Justice" Schutterle is running for the Legislature against Senator Jay Duenwald.

Jay has my sympathy. Not because Merlyn stands the proverbial snowball's chance in hades of winning, but for the aggravation. Elections should be fun - a challenge of pitting your beliefs and abilities against a worthy opponent. Here, we have someone who's main goal is to be a pain.

From his website at http://www.merlynschutterle.com, here's the Phantom Molester's views on education.

When I was principal at Wolf Creek Elementary, I discovered the local bootleggers and drug dealers had more power than I did. I was an agent of change in a system that thrived on failure. I did not even complete the year.

One of the most failed teachers I ever encountered is teaching in Shannon County. I gave him a test for the seventh grade and asked him to make an answer sheet for it. After thinking about it a while, I thought I had better check his answers. It was a disaster. He is now serving in the South Dakota Legislature and on the Education Committee. I tried to have him fired, but he was too well entrenched politically with members of the community and school board. His name is Jim Bradford, and you can find his photo on the net under South Dakota Legislature.

When Governor Rounds was on a search for Education Secretary, I wrote him and suggested he get someone outside of education who was skilled in systems analysis because the system is failing. Instead, he chose superintendent Rick Melmer to head up the department. I thought I would share my experience with Melmer and hope it would benefit him with his decisions about education, especially with the reservation problem.

My first meeting with Melmer went quite well. I especially enjoyed his comment when I complained about the lack of leadership in education. His response was, “There is no leadership.” He sure proved to be right about that.

Later, when I pressed him for his plan to improve education on the reservations, he offered no plan, but asked me out of his office. He never had one.

He wonders why people don't want him in their office? I think I know of a Dale Carnegie book that might do him some good.

I blogged on his candidacy a couple of months back where I had noted some of his background:

Not familiar with the Phantom.. er, Merlyn that is? Here's his own website on geocities, and a KELO link on his considering the US House race back in 2002. His own website describes how he was investigated by the FBI and also provides copies of a few mental evaluations that Merlyn has undergone.

Merlyn believes he was unfairly targeted for evaluation at the HSC in Yankton by former Governor Janklow. Although, I'm not sure what you would do with a guy who calls himself the phantom molester.

Never a dull moment. Stay tuned.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So why the pre-conceived prejudice against this guy? Don't you like that he's a little different? Did he say anyhting in his we site that you can prove isn't true? Maybe all our candidates should be in the same boring cookie-cutter mold and all vote alike!
PP said…
Uh, yeah...

All candidates should be call themself a molester and be forcibly evaluated at the HSC.
Anonymous said…
If he really were a molester, does anyone really think he would call himself that? Janklow is a very arrogant and unforgiving man. If he forced an evaluation on Schutterle, I would feel pity for Schutterle. Apparently Merlyn crossed Bill, and Bill got his revenge. If this happened to one of us would we sit quietly at home, or would we protest it?
Anonymous said…
Your lucky, anonymous. You've obviously never had to deal with Merlyn in person. If you had, you'd know he's more than 'a little different.'
Anonymous said…
I have dealt with Schutterle also, it's refreshing when someone is indeed 'different' and being 'different' does NOT make you wrong! He wants to make a difference it seems to me and put the POWER back where it belongs. He has my vote, we need someone who isn't willing to sit on their hands and do nothing just for the sake of being popular. It's high time that we (the people)reclaimed our government and stopped the abuse of power. We complain about it yet we do nothing about it come election day.
So, we deserve what we get because of our silence and unwillingness to force a change. Schutterle didn't molest anyone and the word Phantom means something that does not exist. If there would have been any truth about it then he wouldn't be walking the streets today, no one in their right mind could believe such a thing about him and I happen to know that even his ex wife and son protested WITH him at our states capital, show me a man who's ex wife believes in him and stands beside him like that and I'll show you a winner in the long run. Lets not say that Schutterle doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell....let's
get behind that snowball and make it snowman sized. Good luck Schutterle

Popular posts from this blog

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.