Thanksgiving delayed.. But very much welcome.

What a week. Kids got sick, ran to Brookings early. Got here just in time to be deathly ill myself. Everybody gets healthy in time for Thanksgiving, but then MP gets sick, so Thanksgiving has been delayed until tonight when everybody has their appetite back.

It was nice. Several weeks ago, I bought the biggest butterball turkey I could find (21.5 pounds) and it was delicious. I'm pretty particular, and it's the only kind I will eat at Thanksgiving. You don't have to inject it, fry it or anything. It's pretty foolproof.

Anyway, my sister and brother-in-law, jmac (the liberal professor whom philosophically I tend to disagree with) came over and we enjoyed the fellowship of the holiday a couple days late, and went afterwards to freeze our tails off and watch the Brookings Festival of Lights. Afterwards tonight, the family and I are watching "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." (For those of you who grew up in the 70's and 80's when they'd play certain movies once a year, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Willie Wonka were the usual Thanksgiving night movies. )

So, a little nostalgia this evening.

--

This week wasn't all about talking turkey and the flu. By gosh, there had to be some politics in there somewhere...

Yesterday I met with "Candidate X" and went over a few things. They're pumped and it was a pleasant surprise to see they'd done their homework, and have a realistic idea on cost. "X" didn't even flinch when I mentioned my estimate of cost. In fact, they were on the same page as I was. (And that's really refreshing for a change).

I'm feeling like this is going to be a very strong campaign. I think you can count on the Republicans holding on to at least one seat this year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
who is X ? ?
Anonymous said…
Selling those vitamins in Yankton must really pay off. Look out Steph!!
PP said…
Anon #2, what are you talking about?

#1, I'm not working for Mr. Bixler. and #2, I'm not doing it for money.

It's purely for the love of the game.

Popular posts from this blog

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.