My Favorite Things

As someone obsessed with South Dakota politics, I've got all the political weblogs bookmarked, and I visit some more than others.

As far as regular websites go, there's a few websites that I can't live without for the information that they provide at my fingertips. I can't recommend these highly enough.

Follow the Money - Sure, you can find information from FEC reports at the drop of a hat, but where do you go to find state donations indexed? Right here. Easy to use, filterable on any level, if you're doing research on a person, here's where you want to be.

Politics1 - South Dakota - more for a chuckle than anything serious and newsbreaking, you can shill for your favorite candidate or non-candidate and get their name on the list. (and I used to have that McGovern Pin. Got good money for it on eBay too.)

Political Money Line - FEC information at your fingertips. The one, the only.

Environmental Working Groups Farm Database - OK, they're not on my mailing list, and I sure as heck am not on their's. But this database is just too cool for seeing who's getting payments and how much.

ABYZ News Links - South Dakota - Practically everything in the state at your fingertips. Newspapers, TV, etc. Some excellent compilation sites too! Big News Network is the one I review daily.

Secretary of State Information Access System - Need to get ahold of your opponent's campaign filing from last election? No phone calls or copying fees needed. (wish I had that in 1988 & 90)

The Way Back Machine - Can't find that webpage from last election? Use the wayback internet website indexing site and find your opponent's old comments and position papers to beat them over the head with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.