Test of the SDWC VLog
(Not just a lame test pattern)


I've only shared this with a select few at this point, but in order to get more input on it, I'm throwing it open to the masses. If you click above, you'll get a brief promo for the SD War College Video Blog. (Reduce the window size for better viewing after it opens)

There's a couple of scenes that are going to be a little confusing without a setup, such as the world's messiest desk (Actually, tonight it's worse than pictured in the clip), and the 3AM interview, which is a gag with me rousing elected officials at 3AM for an interview.

The little bug up in the corner is because I'm using the free version of the turbine video encoder - a really neat tool to convert video into Macromedia Flash.

This is what I've been working towards, and if all goes well, I'm going to do a full blown version of the show in the next few weeks.

Because THIS is the future of South Dakota Political Blogging.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, it's good to see I'm not the only one that leaves dirty Fiestaware bowls by the computer.
Douglas said…
I suppose people hooked on newspapers thought radio was useless and people accustomed only to radio couldn't "see" television.

But, I don't see video for blogs as a really big deal until broadband internet access is available universally. Don't hold your breath waiting for that in the US. Telephone companies are busily trying to protect legacy businesses rather than provide better service at an affordable price.

Providing video of ads, etc that have not been broadcast on commercial TV might be a good test use, but just blabbing an "evening news" on the blog right now does not strike me as much of a big deal.

But keep experimenting. You have some chance of being 100% right and I have some chance of being 100% wrong on this.
PP said…
Actually, an evening news report is the farthest thing from my mind. Overlaying graphics can be a pain.

I'm thinking more topical, feature stories.
Publisher said…
I'm impressed
You're first with the best
In the upper midwest
Anonymous said…
Midco.net shuts you down in three, two...
PP said…
Now why would they do that? I get 50 meg of storage per e-mail address. And by using flash video, the file sizes go waaaaay down.

Someone know something about midco that I don't?

If they bite me on the rear, I'll just go with outside storage.

Popular posts from this blog

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

Kranz: Dusty Johnson to jump into US House Race? Possibly......