Maybe I was a bit premature in referring to him as "Soon to be Senator" Klaudt

I got word this afternoon that State Representative Ted Klaudt might not be walking into the State Senate seat that will be vacated by Senate Majority Leader Eric Bogue. I thought he had it in the bag and would be walking in to an easy victory. - not so fast, PP

Supposedly there's another person with their eye on the Senate prize - Former State Representative Ken Wetz, father of State GOP Executive Director Max Wetz. Ken, a Butte County Republican from Newell, spent four years in the House and now it is rumored that he has his eye on that Senate Seat as well, setting the stage for a primary battle.

I don't have a confirmed petition circulation just yet, but it's on relatively good authority.

Having Ted and Ken battling in the primary is really interesting when you throw in the fact that the party has to be neutral in primary races - meaning that Max is going to have to avoid that whole thing like the plague, if it is in fact correct.

I can't say I paid much attention to how strong of a campaigner Ken was in his two efforts for office, so I'm not prepared to handicap this one yet. But with Ted just now coming off of a 8 year stint in the House, as compared to Ken's 4 years back in the late 1990's/2000, he's going to be a tough one to beat.

Comments

Anonymous said…
PP - did you forget that Ted crushed Wetz in a special election in 2000? I believe it was something like 65-35. And I don't think Ken's gotten any more popular in the last six years.
PP said…
Yes I did miss that - Shame on me for not doing my research!

Popular posts from this blog

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

Kranz: Dusty Johnson to jump into US House Race? Possibly......