You're invited to a Party update!
SDDP and SDGOP updates

A couple of updates over the lunch hour:

Hot off the press, apparently the SDGOP is postponing it's central committee meeting in Huron on Saturday. The report I was given was they there was a concern that the meeting notice might not have been adequate, and that the meeting was going to be postponed until the end of September or shortly thereafter.

Delaying it isn't bad. Good job to the party leaders for allowing more time for discussion. And I do know that those people (like me) who are against the bylaw change aren't going to be easily swayed. A couple of days ago, I had a nice note from one of the highest ranking GOP Party officials (who is also against it) that an effort to get rid of the precinct committeepeople from convention had been tried once before, and it went down in flames that time too.

That person's rationale why the change was a terrible thing? They wrote to me and noted the following:
I might comment that I was one of those precinct people that got further involved in the party by attending a state convention. This is a big point. How do precinct people get a taste of the state party unless it is by attending a state convention? Many county precinct people go on to become their state committee men and women or the county chairman.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Regarding the SDDP, I see the art auction is off and running. Bidding started at $50, with an unknown reserve amount. As of this writing, there is one bid, with 9 days left.

The first bidder just happens to go by the eBay handle "Psaurian." Now, where have we heard this before? Oh yeah. It would be the unique title of SDDP Press Secretary Donald Carr's novel and rock opera.

Honestly, IF it is him (and I'm not saying that it is, because I don't know), and he wants it for himself, I can't say I blame him. As a fellow collector, I was looking at it myself. But if it is a SDDP employee bidding on an item being offered by the SDDP, I'm not sure that it's completely kosher with eBay's rules.

That's the rotten thing about being a staffer at times. Sometimes you have to step back and miss out on cool stuff.

Comments

Bob Newland said…
The possessive form for "it" is "its".

"It's" means "it is".
PP said…
You're very correct.

That's what you get while trying to type and eat lunch. Poor proofreading.
Anonymous said…
Who said drugs makes you so dumb you can't spell and hold down a job at the same time?

Popular posts from this blog

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.