Today's the big day for initiated measures

You probably won't see much from me today, as I have an early morning, and a noon meeting. And then I have a candidate in town. So, not much blogging.

But.. in the interim, today is the deadline for initiated measures. The suspense will end on legalized poker, zoning, and the Delores Coffing led effort on the drink tax. (I'm not holding my breath on that one).

Even Bob Newland will be called on today to see if his signature count can match his commitment to Medical Marijuana (so I can vote no on it in November).

I see we're already stuck voting on Video Lottery. Again. The phone tax, tobacco, and school start date are already in as well.

It's a big political day, so stay tuned.


It's not up today, but I was remiss in not mentioning that the JAIL people were crowing about getting ABC World News tonight to possibly cover their event on Saturday in Gregory.

And it gives me the chills to contemplate seeing a political story in the national media portraying South Dakotans as radical government hating hillbillys.

If I didn't get two days a week with my family because of my commuting, I'd have to consider going. But the wife and kids come before crazy California measures.

Comments

Anonymous said…
PP said:

"Even Bob Newland will be called on today to see if his signature count can match his commitment to Medical Marijuana (so I can vote no on it in November)."

My sources indicate the medical marijuana will, indeed, be on the general election November ballot. I forgot, "Professor," why do you support denying the medicinal benefits of marijuana to cancer patients?

I can't seem to find an educated answer to that question from ANYBODY.

Feel free to explain. You're neglecting the real debate over the therapuetic benefits of cannabis that will need to take place for voters in South Dakota to decide for themselves come November.
Bob Newland said…
Nice, Pat. Bragging about your intention to try to keep medicine that works out of the hands of sick, disabled, and dying people.

Have a nice time with your family. Hope none of them ever get migraines, MS or cancer, or never suffer a spinal injury that results in muscle spasms that squeeze their chests to point they can't breathe.

But if they do, you can be proud of your vote that might help keep them from access to cannabis, which is known to be effective against all these maladies.

Popular posts from this blog

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.