A beacon for Democrats?
Northern Valley pokes at SDWC & SDP

The Northern Valley Beacon apparently doesn't care much for some of the advice for Dems that SDP and this blog were passing on, as evidenced from the big words in their posting today:
And here come the kibitzers. They offer fatuous advice on what the Democrats need to do. They trot out their inventory of platitudes and presumption, all delivered in the most patronizing of manners. No one ever told them that patronization is the most serious form of insult. Blogs need the intellectual equivalent of barf bags on airplanes for those who wander into the turbulence of their presumption.
Correct me if I was wrong and you were not referring to us, but the point Jon Schaff at SDP and I were attempting to make was that much of the things we are pointing out comes not from us Republicans. It's coming from those within your own party.

Jon was quoting Democrat George McGovern and some polling statistics. I was referring to fellow blogger Todd Epp (another Dem) and an unnamed Democrat who was echoing similar sentiments.

If you don't want to listen, and prefer to point big words in my direction, that's ok. I'll still read (and index on my site) your blog, if you choose to relegate mine to barf bag status.

But my point (which was Todd's) remains true. Ten year plans do not scare us. Solid campaign operations and operatives are what give us pause.

See you at the ballot box.


Update - David at NVB clarifies who he was getting after (see comments for full)
My comments were attempting to distinguish the overweeningly presumptuous from the comments that come from experience and earnest thought. Your post was definitely excluded from the barf bag category. I agreed with your assessment of the Democratic Party, along with Todd's. Such comments are valuable and welcome, and I appreciate the respectful and purposeful tone you maintain on your web log. In fact, it was the contrast between your posting and some others that led to my making the distinction.
Thanks for the clarification (I was wrong, it wasn't me) and readers, please check out his blog.

Comments

David Newquist said…
My comments were attempting to distinguish the overweeningly presumptuous from the comments that come from experience and earnest thought. Your post was definitely excluded from the barf bag category. I agreed with your assessment of the Democratic Party, along with Todd's. Such comments are valuable and welcome, and I appreciate the respectful and purposeful tone you maintain on your web log. In fact, it was the contrast between your posting and some others that led to my making the distinction.

I regret that you thought I include SDWC in the category of ego-whankers. I certainly do not.

My comments were directed not just at regional pundits and blogs, but at national ones, too. There are more proportionally more national blogs that are cyber parlors for the self-massage of egos than regional ones. The Midwestern culture generally disdains such displays. It is like Socrates being lectured to by Woody the Woodpecker. It induces intellectual nausea.

And the little woodpeckers are by no means limited to the Republican side. But let me deal with that in the privacy of our rooms.
Erin said…
It also helps to read the entire post. The distinction becomes clear.
PP said…
David - I apppreciate the clarification.

Popular posts from this blog

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.