Do as I say, not as I do.

The New York Times is writing today that the ACLU is considering a policy to stifle dissent on it's board:

The American Civil Liberties Union is weighing new standards that would discourage its board members from publicly criticizing the organization's policies and internal administration.

"Where an individual director disagrees with a board position on matters of civil liberties policy, the director should refrain from publicly highlighting the fact of such disagreement," the committee that compiled the standards wrote in its proposals.

"Directors should remember that there is always a material prospect that public airing of the disagreement will affect the A.C.L.U. adversely in terms of public support and fund-raising," the proposals state.

Do as I say, not as I do. Somehow, I think this story is going to hurt their fundraising more than a contrary word.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What else could you expect from an Organization like the ACLU.
They are typical left-wing liberals who sit in Ivory Towers dictating policy that they believe is good for the "commmon man" but not if it applies to them. Maybe we aren't all equal. Maybe the ACLU is made up of people who are better than the rest.
I think that when you intentionally separate youself from the rest, the only message you leave is that you are different
and better.
Anonymous said…
And don't forget that our tax dollars are supporting this "organization." I wish some legislator would take it upon him/herself to fix this misuse of public funds.

They are definitely different, but better is a whole other story.
Anonymous said…
PP – I’m sorry. I don’t get your point here. When has the ACLU defended a board member for publicly disagreeing with the board they serve on?
Anonymous said…
I think the point is that they're trying to shut up the director that doesn't agree. Doesn't sound very civil libertarian-like to me...

Popular posts from this blog

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.