He says he didn't do anything wrong. And that's the attitude that's killing kids left and right.

KSFY is reporting on what is most certainly the most obtuse person in South Dakota. Or at the very least David Rozeboom should be one of the most reviled from his statements made outside of court:

Tuesday, the owner of a Hudson area home told a judge he's not guilty of hosting a beer party for minors earlier this month. But moments later the man stepped out of the courtroom and told KSFY he knew minors were drinking at his house, but he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

The dashboard camera shows what a Lincoln County Sheriff's deputy saw when she rolled up on an alleged underage beer party on May 12th. Officials say nearly 100 young people were at the gathering. The owner of the house, 21 year-old David Rozeboom, agrees with the number, but says it wasn't a party. "I didn't. .. It wasn't really a party. It was a dance."

Rozeboom was in court today, facing one charge of maintaining a place used for violation of beverage laws. He points out there were a lot of sober people at the party. "I think they blew it a little out of proportion." authorities say Timothy Lang and Jonathan Fluit were also at the party.

They're charged with obstructing a law enforcement officer. We asked Rozeboom if the gathering was an end of the school year celebration. "I can't say, I can't make a comment on that."

We also asked him something else. "Do you feel like you did anything wrong?" "No I don't. I realize that there was minors drinking, so that was wrong. But I was doing the best I could to know that everyone had sober drivers."

Read it all here. "I was doing the best I could to know that everyone had sober drivers." Good Lord. It's that attitude that is sending high school seniors to an early grave at what seems to be a record pace this year.

I suppose I'm becoming more of a fuddy-duddy as my children age. But then again, while growing up, I never asked for a parent to by me beer, nor have I bought beer for minors, either. David might only be 21, but unfortunately, age has little to do with the moronic attitude that too many people have; "that kids will be kids, and I'd rather they drink here so I can take their keys."

And those parents (and people), who are assuming parental authority over those they have no moral or legal right to assert authority over, are the people who are killing these kids. And it's high time they were dealt with in the harsh manner that it deserves.

I hope the judge in this matter sentences this unrepentant idiot to the full year in jail he deserves. And that judges in this state start taking this seriously.

(and now I'm off my soapbox)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.