Is bad better than worse?

I mentioned a few months back that I got my voter registration moved over to Brookings. It was a tough one for me, as I've voted here for most of my life. One of those habitual things, but I'm a homeowner over there, and I want to be politically active in my new town.

And then there are moments when I'm glad I'm no longer a Pierre voter. Such as tonight, when I found out who our choices are in the race for city commission.

Choice #1 is the incumbent, Larry Weiss. I think I'd already expressed my disdain for Larry in a post many months ago. Suffice it to say, if he could ramble on any more at commission meetings, there would be people bidding on the rights to construct a wind tower.

I didn't think there was anyone in town who could be so bad as to make him the preferential choice. But I was mistaken. I found out tonight that his opponent is none other than Robert Hockett.

I blogged on Bob as well in January as how he's never met a political race he didn't lose. State Senate. State House. Governor. And now this Lyndon LaRouche Democrat is facing a race against arguably the single most vulnerable incumbent on the city commission.

If there are any Pierre residents out there reading this, as much as it pains me, if you're asking me, I'd have to tell you to go vote for Larry on June 6th. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Better the guy that helped spend the city into the ground, than the guy who doesn't believe in our federal reserve system of banking.

Is Larry that good? No. But he is far, far better than the alternative.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know about Larry, but I am one staunch Democrat who voted for Mike Rounds for Senate when Bob Hockett ran against him. I'm no Rounds fan, but I don't regret that vote. Hockett is a wacko.
Anonymous said…
We all have our opinions, and I would beg to differ strongly on PP's observation of Larry Weiss.

I have known Larry for more than a decade, and I have found him to be a principled, committed and extremely fair public servant. Larry is not afraid to look at the big picture and tell people what he thinks is best for this city.

I will proudly vote for Larry Weiss on June 6th and I hope all Pierre voters will agree that he is the best choice for city commission.

Popular posts from this blog

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.