Happy Father's Day. More to come soon.

Unusually, there was a cosmic convergance, and I got a good night's sleep. No kids waking up in the middle of the night, the thermostat was set correctly, etc. I woke up feeling refreshed and my wife was making breakfast (a duty which I ususally undertake on the weekend to allow her a break). I even had a card, a couple of shirts and a belt as a fathers' day gift.

With such a wonderful Sunday morning, politics should be the last thing on my mind. But it's not. About ten-o-clock, I heard about the article in Yesterday's Argus. And I saw this morning's matching attempt at yellow journalism against Bob Sahr.

Admittedly, I didn't see yesterday's Argus Leader, but I heard about it at about 10pm last night. And then I saw the Sunday paper this morning. Reputations are being tarnished without the bother of waiting for any evidence of wrongdoing. Clearly, there are people who are deserving of a verbal spanking in all of this.

I'm going to get through my day, go back to Pierre, read both yesterday's and today's Argus and contemplate my words carefully before I start typing about this ugly affair.

But until then, enjoy your Father's Day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
this whole thing STINKS of cover-up. no one is commenting. secrecy, lies, and the republicans - what's true in D.C. is true in SD.
Anonymous said…
Does anyone remember Ken Stofferahn?
Anonymous said…
Gary? Can you hear me?
Anonymous said…
I don't have the Argus Leader. What did it say?
Anonymous said…
PP, did we read the same articles? I didn't notice any "yellow journalism". Just a legitimate news story fueled by your very own Republicans - John Koskan, Deb Peters, Gary Hanson.

Don't you think it's news when a simple re-election bid draws interest and speculation from other prospects? You sure did a couple of weeks ago in the primaries!

By the way, it's interesting to see the people looking to bail out of their own races to get into the PUC race. Must not feel very good about their own re-elections.

Popular posts from this blog

Corson County information on Klaudt Rape Charges

A note from Benedict Ar... Sorry. A note from Stan Adelstein why he thinks you should vote Democrat this year.

It's about health, not potential promiscuity.